Re: changing button colours

In message <200010270806 e9R86an02186 orpheus beeb net>you write:
>Hi, I have been programming gtk+ for a while now, but I'm having
>problems changing the background colour of widgets - specifically
>buttons, but that's probably not relevant. I need to be able to
>change the colours when the buttons have been pressed. Is there
>a recommended way of doing this?

why do this in your code at all ? just write a GTK RC file which
defines all the colors, bg_pixmaps, fonts, etc. and load that when you
start. use gtk_widget_set_name() liberally, and document the meanings
of the names, and you'll end up with an application whose appearance
can be adjusted by you or another user without recompilation.

--p