RE: installing 2.8

thanks for your help, it appears that it works now and for me setting the
GLIB_CONFIG variable does not work either way.  It had to be set with the
file name included in the path.  The configure script worked but I have not
tried the rest yet.  It looks like it all worked.  I never tried the -R
option in glib-config but it looks like it worked anyway. Thanks once again
for your help.

Matt