Re: How to manage a window flowing over another?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>
To: "Bluez Zhao" <zhyforever 163 net>
Cc: "gtk-list" <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: How to manage a window flowing over another?

> "Bluez Zhao" <zhyforever 163 net> writes:
> > But I want to know WHEN  should I realize a widget? I seldom realize a
> > widget. Of course it give me many warnings when it runs in return.
> >

> You don't need to realize it yourself; just connect_after() to the
> realize signal and set the decorations in the connected signal
> handler. It will be realized before it's shown on the screen.
>
> Havoc

But can you tell me which code should be written in the call-back handler of
"realize"? I don't just limit it to the question about
gdk_window_set_decorations() I asked before. Many widgets are created in a
program, I can't invoke gtk_widget_realize()  or write a "realize" handler
for every widget. I should only write for those who need it necessarily. My
question is which and when should I do that?

Bluez Zhao