pushbuttons and bold

Currently I am creating an application and I want the pushbuttons on the
lower, and plssibly the upper part to be bold.  I do not want another font,
so using a font_load does seem silly.  Isn't there a way to make the
regular font that I am using (default I suppose since I didn't define any
fonts) to be of BOLD type in a push button by using some mechanism like
style->black_gc   I did see some emails about setting the label to bold,
which requires that a new font be loaded.  Is there a way to bold a default
font that is already loaded?  Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Matthew