Re: radio button label

Using the following code, I was able to get it to work.
How do you have the 'label' variable defined? Do you
have it defined as GTK_BIN(radiobutton)->child?

Anyway, here's the code I added to the radiobutton example
in the GTK tutorial to get it to work:

-- BEGIN --
gchar *label;

gtk_label_get(GTK_LABEL(GTK_BIN(button)->child), &label);
printf("label = %s\n", label);
-- END --

Is it also possible that when you try to print out the
label or use it, you're using label instead of *label
(because you're defining it as a gchar **). Oh yeah, and
if I set *label to NULL initially it still works, but
setting **label to NULL causes it to segfault.

Hope that helps!

Dugas, Alan wrote:

It segfaulted when I tried that :-(  Does anyone know if that approach works
(i.e. successfully used it)?  It would help determine if it's my code or
not.  I do the following;

gchar **radio_button_label = (gchar **) NULL;
gtk_label_get(GTK_LABEL(label), radio_button_label);

so I would expect GTK_LABEL() to produce an error if label were not pointing
to a gtklabel.  Does anyone know if GTK_LABEL() would execute before
gtk_label_get()?

				-- Stupid Genius