Text Resizing

Hi,

I have some text that I want to dynamically generate and then paste in a
rectangle in my application.  My application is allowed to resize, and so
the rectangle and thus the text should also resize.  Having the rectangle
expand is easy enough, but I was wondering if there was anyway of
"appropriately" changing the text size to fit the rectangle.

By "appropriately", I mean controlling the width and height of the text,
rather than its font size (since font size is not measured in pixels - I
think).

Please let me know, and thanks in advance,
Meghal