gdk_input_add?

    Hello,

I just want to run a function when a file is created. Can I do it
without gtk_timeout_add?
I try with gdk_input_add but it doesn't success. I am probably missing
something.

First, if I run my prog and if the file is present, my function is
launched and relaunch and relaunch ... etc (even if I delete the needed
file and using the gdk_input_remove function)
But, if run my prog and the file is not present, the function is not
launched even if I create then needed file....

Can you explain-me this function (gdk_input_add)?

Thanks in advance,

ASF