Help with gtk table

Hi there,
I am new to gtk. My dilema is that I want to populate the columns of a
table in a loop. It is a 2x2 table and I only want to populate the upper
cells. this is my command
for (i = 0; i <= 1; i++)
 {
            count = i;

            lh = gtk_level_hold_new(300, 20,
                                    GTK_LEVEL_HOLD_FADE,
                                    8,
                                    3,
                                    5);

            gtk_table_attach_defaults( GTK_TABLE(table),
                                       lh,
                                       count,
                                       ++count,
                                       0,
                                       1);
/* rest of the code here */
But I get an error:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktable.c: line 510 (gtk_table_attach): assertion
`left_attach < right_attach' failed.

Can any one help? What I am doing wrong?