Re: drawing GtkEntry

Davina Armstrong <davina lickey com> writes:
> I'm trying to change the appearance of GtkEntry to be a dotted underline
> rather than a white box.  I've got the dotted line being drawn, but I
> can't figure out where the white rectangle is being drawn.  I was able
> to draw a gray box *over* the white one, but I'd prefer not to draw the
> white one in the first place.  Help, anyone?

The way to do this is to subclass GtkEntry and replace its drawing
code, probably.

The white rectangle is most likely set as the window background in the
realize function; you'd need to override that as well, probably your
override should chain up to the default GtkEntry realize, then reset
the window background.

Havoc