Re: activating a button

On Nov 1,  1:12am, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Subject: Re: activating a button
> "Chandrashekhar V. Joshi" <cvj telco co in> writes:
>
> > On Oct 31,  4:49pm, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: activating a button

> > 	Try gtk_button_pressed(button) and then
> > 	gtk_button_realesed(button)
> > 	this will ultimately generate the click event on your button
> > 	also hopefully( i m not sure plz. try out )
> > 	it will give you the visual effect
>
> This won't work.  It will simulate the "clicked" event (by emitting the
> signal) but you won't get the visual effect.  You are better off using
> gtk_button_clicked, or better yet, just calling your callback directly
> when you get an "activate" signal.

	oh yes. actually u can emit a button_press and button_release signal
	but following should work except that queue_draw may not update
	your ui as u are in the event dispatch thread till ur function
	completes

	gtk_widget_set_state (GTK_WIDGET (button), GTK_STATE_NORMAL);
	gtk_widget_queue_draw (GTK_WIDGET (button));

	// ur implementation here

	gtk_widget_set_state (GTK_WIDGET (button), GTK_STATE_NORMAL);
	gtk_widget_queue_draw (GTK_WIDGET (button));

thanx
cvjoshi