Re: gdk_input_add

Meghal,

Just another question... just to be sure... you are calling
gtk_main, right?

The thing is, this is supposed to work... it has worked for me.
Could you post a small sample program that also exhibits the
behavior.  I think it's too hard to tell otherwise.

Darin

Meghal Harish Varia wrote:

I am using the gdk_input_add() on the client side.

Also on the client side, I call

connect(sd,(struct sockaddr *)&server,sizeof(server));

I know that the connection has been made, and also that the server is
sending data back because if I use a separate thread to read data off of
the socket, this seems to work.

The problem with using a separate thread involves issues with
reading/writing globals, so I really need to get this gdk_input_add()
working.

Thanks,
Meghal