Re: Subwindows possible?

Chris Freeze wrote:

> On 23 May 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > > I am trying to have a main window that has 4 subwindows inside of it.  So far I
> > > have been unable to do this.  Every attempt I've tried results in separate
> > > side by side windows, not a window and subwindow layout.  Here is basically what
> > > I have tried in my last attempt.  Is it possible to do this with just Gtk?  If
> > > so, what am I missing?
> > >

> > No, you can't put toplevel windows (GtkWindow) inside a container.
>
> Is there any combimation of widget's that will give this effect?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> -----
> Chris Freeze                                     Email: cfreeze@cs.clemson.edu
> Computer Science Dept.                          Office: Jordan G-08
> Clemson University                               Phone: (864) 656-5688
> http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~cfreeze
> -----

Do you want to iconize these "subwindows", within a toplevel window?
If so, then I think that's hard.
If you just want it tiled, use boxes, but you may have trouble sychronizing the tiles
(so that a cross separates them).
put two hboxes in a vbox and pack two things into each hbox
(or two vboxes into an hbox)
Simon.