Re: Subwindows possible?

On 23 May 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > I am trying to have a main window that has 4 subwindows inside of it.  So far I
> > have been unable to do this.  Every attempt I've tried results in separate
> > side by side windows, not a window and subwindow layout.  Here is basically what
> > I have tried in my last attempt.  Is it possible to do this with just Gtk?  If
> > so, what am I missing?
> >

> No, you can't put toplevel windows (GtkWindow) inside a container.

Is there any combimation of widget's that will give this effect?

Regards,

Chris

-----
Chris Freeze                                     Email: cfreeze@cs.clemson.edu
Computer Science Dept.                          Office: Jordan G-08
Clemson University                               Phone: (864) 656-5688
http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~cfreeze
-----