Re: Disable X shared memory extension in gtkrc

Richard Bemrose <rb3@sanger.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We have installed GTK V1.2.7 on a shared NFS mount point. Some of our
> Tru64-UNIX workstations have X11 displays which do not have X shared
> memory extensions. The only way to run GTK applications on these
> workstations is to specify the "--no-xshm" flag on the command line.
>
> Is they anyway to auto-detect for X shared memory extension? If not, can I
> disable X shared memory extensions in the global /usr/local/etc/gtkrc (or
> $HOME/.gtkrc) file? In addition, is there any documentation on the format
> of this gtkrc file?

It cannot be disabled from the .gtkrc file currently. You can configure
GTK+ to use never use XSHM, by running ./configure with the --disable-shm
cflag.

However, the lack of the xshm extension should be automatically detected,
and a fallback should be used. Specifying --no-xshm should never be
necessary.

Regards,
                                        Owen

(The RC file format is documented at:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtk-resource-files.html

 But I don't think think there is anything really relevent there.)