Re: Changing cursors in a window hierarchy

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> Thanks for the help in getting cursor changing to work.
>
> I have a related question; is it possible to change the cursor in a window
> and have the change take effect through all that window's children?  (Does
> a GdkWindow _have_ children?)  At the moment, I try to change the cursor
> for the GdkWindow of a GtkWindow, but no change is visible, presumably
> because the change does not propagate down the hierarchy.  (The change does
> work if done in a specific child widget's window.)

The change should take effect for all children, unless the children
have a cursor set. (If you call gdk_window_set_cursor (child, NULL) it
will unset the cursor for the child, causing it to use its parent's
cursor.)

If it doesn't work, I don't know why. ;-)

Havoc