Accelerator question

  Hi,

  I'm writing an application and I want to use the backspace key as an
accelerator to one of the menu items but it doesn't work (all other keys
work correctly). I decided to take a look at the GTK source and I found
out that inside the function gtk_accelerator_valid () it's listed as an
invalid accelerator. Why you're not allowed to use the backspace key as
an accelerator ?

  Also, the program that I'm writing is a conversion of a Win32 program
and sometimes I need to know if the Alt key is pressed. What's the best
way to do that ?

Leonardo