Changing cursors in a window hierarchy

Thanks for the help in getting cursor changing to work.

I have a related question; is it possible to change the cursor in a window
and have the change take effect through all that window's children?  (Does
a GdkWindow _have_ children?)  At the moment, I try to change the cursor
for the GdkWindow of a GtkWindow, but no change is visible, presumably
because the change does not propagate down the hierarchy.  (The change does
work if done in a specific child widget's window.)

     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,
      unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
      forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain
      in the Lord."      I Corinthians 15:58