Re: [gtk-list] Re: Install problems

Chris Seavey wrote:

> Dave Reed wrote:
> >
> > -l means library so the file you're looking for is
> > -libX11.so
> >
> > it should be in /usr/X11R6/lib
> >
> > If the above is RedHat Linux?  If not, provide more info about your
> > system.  If so, did you install the XFree86-devel RPM?  If not,
> > install it.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Dave
>
> I apologize. I am using Caldera 2.3, and just installed Gnome yesterday.
> I have the following files in /usr/X11R6/lib:
> libX11.so.6
> libX11.so.6.1
>
> I have not yet installed XFree86-devel, am downloading as we speak.
> Anything else I may need?

New problem:

Got XFree86-devel, did install with --force (system said I didn't have
Glibc-2.1, even though I do), then configure and make of GTK+ went fine.
But, after restarting X, I can no longer even run Gnome, I simply get
booted back to the login screen. I can however get into KDE. Any
sugestions?

--
Christopher M. Seavey

"Regardless of whether patents in general are good or bad,
it's clear to almost anyone involved in the computer field
that broad, business-process patents, which amount to the
patenting of fundamental ideas rather than of any real
invention, is bad." --Tim O'Reilly