Re: [gtk-list] Install problems

Dave Reed wrote:

> -l means library so the file you're looking for is
> -libX11.so
>
> it should be in /usr/X11R6/lib
>
> If the above is RedHat Linux?  If not, provide more info about your
> system.  If so, did you install the XFree86-devel RPM?  If not,
> install it.
>
> HTH,
> Dave

I apologize. I am using Caldera 2.3, and just installed Gnome yesterday.
I have the following files in /usr/X11R6/lib:
libX11.so.6
libX11.so.6.1

I have not yet installed XFree86-devel, am downloading as we speak.
Anything else I may need?

--
Christopher M. Seavey

"Regardless of whether patents in general are good or bad,
it's clear to almost anyone involved in the computer field
that broad, business-process patents, which amount to the
patenting of fundamental ideas rather than of any real
invention, is bad." --Tim O'Reilly