searchable list archive?

(i) Is there a searchable archive for the gtk lists?

A lot of programming questions get answered here everyday, a searchable
archive would be a good resource.  Don't think that gnome list archive
is searchable (is it?), so I trying subscribing the
http://www.mail-archive.com service to the this list so they can archive
it. which leads to my second question...

(ii) How do you subscribe someone else to this list?

The list instructions say send a message with "subscribe" in the
subject.  I tried "subscribe email-address", where "email-address" was a
test email address. But that need not work.