RE: [gtk-list] error in loading shared libraries

Start here:

On 03-May-2000 jhughes wrote:
> Greetings:
> I recently installed the latest versions of GTK+ and GLIB. In
> working my
> way through the gtk tutorial, I built the first example using the
> Makefile
> that came with it, no problem, but when I tried to run the program
> (base.c), I got the following:
>       base: error in loading shared libraries:
>       open shared object file: No such file or directory
> I'm running suse 6.2. I removed the old versions of gtk and glib
> with
> yast before installing the latest. Running 'gtk-config --libs'
> gives:
>       L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic
>       -lglib -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm
> The file mentioned in the error message is located in
> /usr/local/lib. It's
> a symbolic link to
> Any help on what's wrong or what docs to read would be appreciated
> greatly.

E-Mail: Tony Gale <>
Sometimes when you look into his eyes you get the feeling that someone
else is driving.
		-- David Letterman

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.