Datalists in GtkTypes

Hi,

I would like to be able to associate arbitrary data
with GtkTypes for the equivalent of static data members
in C++ classes.  There is a nice system for adding data
to GtkObjects, but not to the underlying types. Is there
any exisiting way of doing this?

I had a look at the code, but I couldn't find a simple
method.  I also looked at adding it to the code, but if I
add a GData to the GtkType or GtkTypeClass structs, I will
probably break compatibility with existing code.

Are there plans to implement this?  For the time being, I
can use a hash table associating the type id with the data.

Dom.