Re: [gtk-list] Re: Wheel mouse scrolling with Text Widget?

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 10:23:51PM -0800, Chris Phelps wrote:
> Works for me, but you have to be over the scrollbar. It would be easy enough
> to hook up the proper button presses (4 and 5 I believe) in gtktext itself if
> that's what you want.

It is buttons 4 and 5 - you can verify that with xev in a window while you
roll the mouse wheel - you just have to be careful not to move the mouse at
the same time otherwise xev spits out 1000s of messages for those motion
events too.

If you need specific source, you might want to check out pan's source code
(www.superpimp.org) -- I know for a fact that they did that on their text
widgets since they scroll with the intellimouse on my machine.

David
--
http://opop.nols.com/ Free Software Development
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und das