Re: [gtk-list] mem leak.....interesting

"Ben K" <kynneb@hotmail.com> writes:
> I was looking at the memory use stats of one of my programs that implements
> gdk-pixbuf, and i noticed that when i dragged the xterm over the program's
> gtk window, the 'memory used' plowed steadily upward.  Curious about whether

You're probably just causing a bunch of events, expanding the event
queue, and hte expose event processing uses some memory too. The
memory should get freed again later, though that may not show up in
'top' because it may not return to the OS, see the thread Derek started.

Use "memprof" to look for real leaks, since they could certainly happen.

Havoc