Re: [eduard epi t-online de (Peter Bornemann)] Re: gawk 3.0.4 does not work for gtk+-1.2.8

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

|   Maybe one of you wants to take a look at this. I can't reproduce this
|   with gawk-3.0.4 compiled from source.

Most probably it's locale related.  I gnome-libs/libgnomeui/Makefile.am
I added lately some statements like this:

    LC_COLLATE=C $(AWK) ...

Background: On SuSE Linux regular accounts have "proper" locales but not
root.  Calling make as root should solve the "problem" or try something
like

    export LANG=C
    make

Unfortunately, from inside AWK scripts it isn't possible to reset locale
settings.  But I'm told in general it should work better to say
[[:lower:]] instead of [a-z] or something.  An expert has to dig deeper.

--
                                             work    :      ke@suse.de
Karl Eichwalder                              home    : keichwa@gmx.net