Re: Writing a full-screen debugger.

To complete Owen's detailled answer, the GtkAda team is currently working
on Odd, the Other Display Debugger, which is a new graphical front-end
for debuggers written using GtkAda.

It is a very flexible and extensible front-end that will both be provided
as an executable, and as a Gtk+ widget (we will provide a C binding
for it ;-), so that it can also be integrated in existing Gtk IDEs.

This project is not complete yet, but we expect to start a beta period
soon, as well as setting up a web page (that will be linked to
http://gtkada.eu.org, so you can check this periodically). I'll
post an announcement when this is done.

The very nice thing about Odd is that it is very easy to add support
for new debuggers/protocols, as well as new languages. Well, in the
spirit of Gtk+/Gnome I would say.

Odd contains very powerful features such as a nice data display window
(probably superior to ddd data display, but I guess this is a matter of taste)
and support for multiprocess and multithreaded applications.

Arno