Re: gtk-term widget?

>  I'd love to see the Gnome widgets get into Gtk, but I
>  think that they should have started there.	Which is the
>  toolkit and which is the environment?
>
>  Matthew

The difference between GTK+ and Gnome (as I see it) is that GTK+ should
deliver the building blocks that Gnome can composite into new widgets
that are needed to increase usability. As it is now Gnome has a lot of
these building blocks and thus have features not available through GTK+
only.

I think it also would be nice for the language bindings if one could
implement the Gnome widget in the language one use by using "pure" GTK+.
Then one can be able to fully use features like strict typing and safer
memory handling which C lacks.

However GTK+ should not be bloated...

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."