Re: Determining size of decorated window

John Kodis was overheared mumbling something about this on Tue, 6 Jun 2000
21:55:33 -0400

> The test program below positions the window correctly,
> but has a problem: the window first appears in the position
> selected by the window manager, the quickly vanishes and
> reappears in its final location when the
> gtk_widget_set_uposition() call is executed.

I have this same problem even without all the WM decorations issues...

I have my program save its position on exit (so I don't really care about the
WM decorations) and then I call gdk_window_move() to set the position of the
window.  I call this right after gtk_widget_show() because otherwise I get
errors... but same as you , the window flashes in the "assigned" location,
before jumping to the correct position.

I did try using gtk_widget_realise() instead of _show() then calling
gdk_window_move() and then _show() but I still got errors...

Any help with this would be great... I can live with the flash, but I would
rather not!  Or is this something that should instead be done with
gdk_window_set_hints() and let the WM decide if it wants to use the hints or
ignore them?

-CZ

P.S.
	and would that even solve the problem?