gtk+ on IBM AIX

Hi,

I have tried to install glib and gtk+ on an IBM powerPC running AIX. When I
try to run the program HelloWorld, as given in the tutorial, the program
core dumps.

I get a few warning messages during compile time, and I have performed a
'bt' with gdb on the core. All the results are given below. It is surprising
to note that no thread support has been detected, when posix threads are
installed on the system. But this should not prevent me to run the program
Helloworld anyway.

Is it a bug?

Raphael

*** Platform ***

Platform: powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.2.0
Glib: 1.2.8
gtk+: 1.2.8
X windows: X11R6

*** Thread support ******
(message given by configure)

checking for thread implementation... none available
configure: warning: You do not have any known thread system on your
                computer. glib will not be thread safe on your computer.
checking necessary linker options...
configure: warning: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
                functions will not be MT-safe during their first call
because
                there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
configure: warning: the 'g_date_set_time' function will not be MT-safe
                because there is no 'localtime_r' on your system.

*** During Compilation ***

libtool: link: warning: this platform does not like uninstalled shared
libraries
libtool: link: `string-test' will be relinked during installation

*** During Installation ***
Libraries have been installed in:
   /home/allar/usr/local//lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LIBPATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - use the `-LLIBDIR' linker flag

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

*** Testing glib ***
ok

*** Running Hello World *****
[firebird:~/gtk+-1.2.8/examples/helloworld]$ ./helloworld
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

-- After a bt performed with gdb:

Core was generated by `helloworld'.
#0  0xd56e22e4 in gdk_init_check () at gdk.c:159
159     gdk.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0xd56e22e4 in gdk_init_check () at gdk.c:159
#1  0xd56df860 in gtk_init_check (argc=0x2ff21e28, argv=0x2ff21e2c)
    at gtkmain.c:199
#2  0xd56dfdb0 in gtk_init (argc=0x2ff21e28, argv=0x2ff21e2c) at
gtkmain.c:423
#3  0x10000498 in main ()
#4  0x100001dc in __start ()

application/ms-tnef