Focus question

I know I must be looking in the wrong place, but being naturally lazy, I
thought I'd check here before really looking seriously :-)

I'm having trouble getting a custom widget to be included in the focus
traversal with the Tab key.  Any quick and easy clues?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a
New Mexico State University       life without struggle, you are equipped
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             with the basic means of salvation.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Tennessee Williams