Re: Glib + glib-config

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, jerrud wrote:

 Hi,
> I`m installing GTK+ 1.2.8 and in order to do that i have to install glib
> 1.2.8.
>
> My problem rests in that I have glib 1.2.6 installed from my
> distrobution`s install. (I`m running Storm Linux, Debian 2.2 based)
>
> So my question to you guys is:: How do i install over this older glib
> version (or uninstall, if need be) in order to install GTK+ ?

  It looks like glib-1.2.8 and 1.2.6 coexist. It looks like glib-1.2.8 is
installed in /usr/local/lib.
  If you wish all already installed apps to use new glib and gtk, you should
have erase glib-1.2.8, erase gtk-1.2.6 and glib-1.2.6 using package management
software (apt?), and then you should build glib-1.2.8 and gtk-1.2.8.
 To do this properly, run 'configure --prefix=/usr' for each package, then
make glib, install it, then make gtk, install it.

 But even better, try to get precompiled debs from somewhere.