Re: Fwd: Ann: GtkCanvas 0.1

[Reposted to the list]

Il 24 Jul 2000 12:30:31 -0400, Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com>
scrisse:

> - Federico keeps saying he's going to change stuff about the canvas,
>   that it needs a lot of work
> - the antialiased canvas stuff seems to be in flux; we're sort of
>   waiting on the X render extension to put a vector API in GTK
> - there's no time to really consider the issue in detail
>
>Tim is the other GTK maintainer.

Well, The actual canvas is not so special, ok. It needs to be
reimplemented, ok.
But actually it is all what we have.

I prefer to have the GtkCanvas in Gtk+ 2.0, even if it isn't ok, than
not having at all.

You can improve the canvas for the Gtk+ 2.2 release, but meanwhile we
can have something to use.

It is not perfect, but something is better than nothing.

(hope you understand what I mean, not good english)
--
 (o-  | Un OS per domarli, Un OS per trovarli,
 //\  | Un OS per ghermirli e nel buio incatenarli