Re: Do I need a particular version of X for gtk+ ?

Griff Miller <griff.miller@positron.com> writes:
> Havoc, thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and also tried completely
> cleaning out the gtk+ directory and untarring the source tarball again,
> but each time I got the same problem.
>
> I also tried gmake - same result.
>
> I think I've found a clue, however. Tell me about gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h .
> How does it get built? What I noticed is that my gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h
> in my Solaris 2.6 build tree has everything in uppercase, and the
> gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h in my SunOS build tree has everything in lowercase.
>
> Please see the diff I've attached.
>
> Thanks! Email cc's appreciated.

gtktypebuiltins.h is created by an awk script, and apparently your awk
doesn't like this script.

Owen suggested that you get a clean copy of the tarball, and use the
--disable-rebuild option to configure; apparently gtktypebuiltins.h is
pre-built in the distribution, so if you turn off rebuilding it it
won't get messed up by the funky awk.

Havoc