Do I need a particular version of X for gtk+ ?

Hi. I am trying to compile gtk+ 1.2.7 on SunOS 4.1.4, so I can use
X-CD-Roast. I am getting quite early on in the make:

In file included from gdk.c:47:
gdkprivate.h:205: parse error before `XIC'
gdkprivate.h:205: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
gdkprivate.h:208: parse error before `}'

I am thinking that this may have something to do with the fact that
SunOS 4.1.4's X11 stuff is X11R5 (or is it 4?). Anyway, it is NOT
X11R6, and I get the sneaky feeling that gtk+ needs X11R6?

I checked the FAQ, which claims that I all I need is gcc and X, but
perhaps I need gcc and X11R6 ?

Dang, and the glib install went so well.  :^D

cc's via email appreciated.

--
Griff Miller II
Manager of Information Technology      "Beware of those who seek to win an