Re: Glib Unicode regex (was: Gtk::Text widget)

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> >     Derek> * Are there any other Unicode-supporting regex libs we can look at?
> >
> > Although I haven't checked the copyright, IBM's ICU library has one.
> > The latest version of Perl has the best and most complete
> > implementation I've seen yet, but it would be tough to untangle it
> > from the surrounding code.
>
> The Perl one looks viciously difficult to extract from Perl. I haven't
> looked at the ICU engine, I'll ask Owen about it, I know he's looked
> at ICU in general.

ISTR that the latest version of Henry Spencer's regexp library
supports UTF8 natively.

--
===  ALL USERS PLEASE NOTE  ========================

The garbage collector now works.  In addition a new, experimental garbage
collection algorithm has been installed.  With SI:%DSK-GC-QLX-BITS set to 17,
(NOT the default) the old garbage collection algorithm remains in force; when
virtual storage is filled, the machine cold boots itself.  With SI:%DSK-GC-
QLX-BITS set to 23, the new garbage collector is enabled.  Unlike most garbage
collectors, the new gc starts its mark phase from the mind of the user, rather
than from the obarray.  This allows the garbage collection of significantly
more Qs.  As the garbage collector runs, it may ask you something like "Do you
remember what SI:RDTBL-TRANS does?", and if you can't give a reasonable answer
in thirty seconds, the symbol becomes a candidate for GCing.  The variable
SI:%GC-QLX-LUSER-TM governs how long the GC waits before timing out the user.