Glib Unicode regex (was: Gtk::Text widget)

-> > 	Somebody posted a Glib-ized regex to the list a few weeks ago, and
-> > it got some feedback and went through a couple of iterations.  Is there
-> > any reason not to add it to Glib?  I think it would be very useful to
-> > have.
->
-> No Unicode support.

	Mark Leisher has developed a regex library hat uses UTF-16
internally.  It can be found at

http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/

	I think a Glib regex would be very cool to have, for the text
widget and for general use.

	Is anyone interested in porting this into the Glib style?  And,
would people be willing to consider it for Glib 2.0?  (I don't have time
to work on this right now, just trying to get the project going)

	Outstanding issues:

*  Does "UTF-16 internally" mean that it will only work on a UTF-16
encoded buffer?

*  Will the GTK+ team insist on a regex lib that uses UTF-8 internally?

*  Are there any other Unicode-supporting regex libs we can look at?

Thanks,
Derek