Re: Glib Unicode regex (was: Gtk::Text widget)

    Derek> * Does "UTF-16 internally" mean that it will only work on a UTF-16
    Derek> encoded buffer?

Yes.  Only UTF-16 buffers are supported.

    Derek> * Will the GTK+ team insist on a regex lib that uses UTF-8
    Derek> internally?

It kind of has to.  Otherwise you will run into either too much memory
allocation/deallocation or re-entrancy problems with static buffers.

    Derek> * Are there any other Unicode-supporting regex libs we can look at?

Although I haven't checked the copyright, IBM's ICU library has one.  The
latest version of Perl has the best and most complete implementation I've seen
yet, but it would be tough to untangle it from the surrounding code.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a
New Mexico State University       life without struggle, you are equipped
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             with the basic means of salvation.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Tennessee Williams