Re: Can't get ./configure to work.
- From: hcchin strd csam com my
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: tomi striano <tomi24 juno com>, GTK-list redhat com
- Subject: Re: Can't get ./configure to work.
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:52:02 +0800 (SGT)
I can't get my ./configure to work too, it shows
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
which I install my glibc in /usr/lib, but the configure still can't
find? I would like to know why? Any one can help?
On 14 Jul 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > reading this section when I did some bazaar things but it could not get
> > 1.2.8 into ./configure program.
> > Any suggestions? Obliged John.
> First suggestion, as always, is to get a nice binary package in RPM or
> deb format rather than compile it yourself. But, failing that:
> The file config.log will contain the exact reason the check for glib
> failed. Possibly you added the wrong thing to ld.so.conf - it should
> be /usr/local/lib, not /usr/local/bin/glib-config.
] [Thread Prev