Re: Can't get ./configure to work.

tomi striano <tomi24@juno.com> writes:
> >From within the gtk+1.2.8 directory when I run ./configure it goes as far
> as "checking for glib version >= 1.2.8" it always returns no for this
> check.  I've edited the /etc/ldso.conf so that it pointed to
> /usr/local/bin/glib-config and ran ldconfig and still no joy.  I edited
> the line within glib-config
> 	--version)
> 	echo 1.2.8
> 	exit 0
> 	;;
>
> to see if that made a difference.  All that I found was that it was
> reading this section when I did some bazaar things but it could not get
> 1.2.8 into ./configure program.
>
> Any suggestions?  Obliged John.

First suggestion, as always, is to get a nice binary package in RPM or
deb format rather than compile it yourself. But, failing that:

The file config.log will contain the exact reason the check for glib
failed. Possibly you added the wrong thing to ld.so.conf - it should
be /usr/local/lib, not /usr/local/bin/glib-config.

Havoc