Re II: GtkWiW update...need some gdk help too.

> > >    I think that I may be able to remove the sub window widget from the
> > > GtkLayout, and then put it back in, which would most likely raise it to
> > > the top, but that seems like cheating, and I know there must be a better
> > > way.
>
> > Hide->Show should do with without adding then removing again. unless that's
> > what you were talking about.
>
> No, it wasnt what i was taking about, but its a hell of a lot easier, so thanks
> a bunch, it works now.

If you want to remove a child widget from a container without destroying
it in the process, you shoud use gtk_widget_ref(child) before the
gtk_widget_remove(child). Playing with the ref_count number in the
widget struct (if I remember) could be illustrative. Hope this helps,
<ADRIAN>