"Endpoint" behavior of GtkVScale

Hello,

I recently started using GTK, and have since built a mostly-complete
application with it quite easily.  I'm very happy with it, and I hope to
be able to contribute back to the project through documentation, if not
code.

I have some doubts about whether GtkVScale is working as well as it could
be at the moment, though.  When the 'thumb' is dragged all the way to the
top, the Adjustment reads the maximum (or minimum) value.  When it's
dragged all the way to the bottom, though, the Adjustment often does not
reach its minimum (or maximum) value.  I understand that this is because
of rounding, but I'm not sure this is the best behavior.

Especially when the scale is used to represent a value, the user
frequently (depending on the exact size and range of the scale and
and adjustment) cannot select the minimum value.  In my case, this is
especially problematic since I have a GtkVScale being used as a volume
control.  At the top, it reads 0, but at the bottom it'll read 98 or
something similar, meaning in my case that a given channel can't have its
volume turned all the way off.

I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done to get it working in a more
useful manner, but there's the problem as I see it.  :)

Once again, thank you for an excellent toolkit package.

Jeremy Weatherford
xidus@xidus.net
http://xidus.net/