Re: [gtk-list] GtkWiW update...need some gdk help too.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Chris Phelps wrote:

>    Ive now started coding the GtkWiW (window in window) widget, and
> things are going moderatly well, but the main problem that I expressed
> yesterday remains.
How are you handling the window bars (title bar,resize and other
wmdependant stuff)?

>    I am using a GtkLayout widget to hold the sub windows, because it
> seems like it will make things easier when i get to moving windows
> around and such (extremely easy if my calculations hold...knock on
> wood). Apparently, GtkContainer widget have no "stacking order" ( I
> havent actually checked, past the header file) which means that if i
> stick one of my subwindow widgets in it, I have no way of raising it to
> the top. So far, i have tried about 20 different methods without any
> luck. What i have right now is a button inside the sub window widget
> that calls a bring_to_top function when it is clicked. I then call
> gdk_window_clear and gdk_window_hide and gdk_window_show and then
> finally gdk_window_raise, but nothing really changes.
How about adding a name to each window and use that as a "stacking order"
or add an int as data to the subwindow and use that as cardinality for
stacking order

>    I think that I may be able to remove the sub window widget from the
> GtkLayout, and then put it back in, which would most likely raise it to
> the top, but that seems like cheating, and I know there must be a better
> way.
Hide->Show should do with without adding then removing again. unless
that's what you were talking about.