Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText: doesn't it bother anyone that... ?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Neil Hodgson wrote:

> > Wow, I had thought my wish had fallen on deaf ears, but it turns out that
> > the only response was a good one.  What about the other margins, too?  :)
> >
> > I look forward to seeing the changes trickle into the apps I'm using.
> > I hope programmers pick up on the new feature(s).
>
>    Sorry to disappoint you but I only changed Scintilla which is curently
> used by very few apps, not the standard GTK+ text widget.  I am loath to
> patch the standard GTK+ text widget as it is complex and slated for
> replacement. The standard GTK+ (single line) entry widget does have a fixed
> 2 pixel margin on all sides.
>
>    Neil

Yeah... after I hit the 'Enter' key I had the thought... 'hey, wait,what
the heck is Scintilla?'.  I was thinking/hoping that Scintilla was a name
for developer/cvs Gtk+ version.  Damn!

Hopefully, the Gtk+ deveopers will get a clue like you did.  ;)

Thanx for setting me straight.

                           - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -

                             - BEAUDESIGN.COM -