[gtk-list] Re: An image viewer on the Gnome::Canvas in perl

#  In his letter Etienne Grossman wrote:
#  >  Hello,
#  >
#  >#  I wrote the following image viewer with the perl Gnome::Canvas module.
#  >
#  >  A first question : What version of Gtk-Perl are you using? I have
#  >0.6.123, but I cannot do "use Gnome" with it (don't know why, never
#  >tried it before). I tried 0.7.000 this morning, but then I could not
#  >do "use Gtk::Gdk::ImlibImage". In fact, the test of Gtk::Gdk::-
#  >ImlibImage functionality provided with Gtk-Perl fails too, and
#  >couldn't put it to work (didn't try very hard).

#  Indeed I used Gtk 0.7000 which is the first that supports images on
#  the canvas (thanks Lupus!). Note that the Gtk library has a somewhat
#  unusual installation. You first do perl Makefile.PL; make; make install
#  in the top directory and then cd to GdkImlib and Gnome respectively
#  and redo the installation. This is described in the INSTALL file.
                                                        ^^^^^
                                                      Oops!

    My first try at 0.7000 was through the CPAN package, which by
default seems not to install GdkImlib or Gnome. Then, I did not check
the INSTALL doc in the tarball.

  Thanks for the tips, I should try again pretty soon.

  Etienne