static executable with GTK

I made a static executable with gtk and gnome staff, but when I tried to
execute on
different mashine I got warnings like that:

"Can not find image file in pixmap_path "menubar.png"". On my computer
this came to  libgtk-1.2.so.0.2.1. On the other compurer
the file was diferent -libgtk-1.2.so.0.5.0, but when I change the files
I got:

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too
old (micro mismatch)
and still didi not get the full gui.
May be I should update my GTK libs, but what about our customers?
Is there a midlevel dynamically linked, which I can not control?
How can I disolve my problem?