Little Bo Peep has lost her Events under Solaris...

Hi,

I am writing a game for a software project at university, which is to be
delivered under X11R5 for Solaris (on Sun), using the GTK+ library
(version 1.2.3). I can not upgrade, as I am not the administrator of the
system.

Under Linux, the game works nicely, and recieves mouse click events,
however, if you compile and run it under Solaris, no mouse events are
recieved in the GDK drawing area (however the GTK menus still function
properly).

The source code is attached (as a tar.gz), and binaries can be found at
http://members.xoom.com/F1reB1rd/painter14-Solaris and painter14-Linux.

I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me.
Unfortunately, due to an accident with a 486 in my childhood, I am only
able to read diff -U3 files, and C style comments, but not plain English
in text files ;-)

Thanks in advance,

rik.