In gdb, when I break out of the program once it's locked up, the stack
trace says:
(gdb) bt
#0  0x2ac93637 in _XFlushInt () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
#1  0x2ac9693d in _XFlush () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
#2  0x2ac85b84 in XMoveWindow () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
#3  0x2ac344d7 in gdk_window_move () from /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0
Cannot access memory at address 0x40.

I'm not calling gdk_window_move directly, or doing anything nonstandard
with my widgets.  I'm using CLists, option menus, buttons, labels, and
scales, and that's it.

Unfortunately the app is rather involved to submit as a test case... I'll
see what I can do to simplify the scenario, but I'm frustrated beyond
belief with not being able to get in there and debug this.

I was originally using the gtk+ that came with Mandrake 6.5, which I think
is 1.2.2.  I just upgraded to gtk+ 1.2.6-6, though, and recompiled, with
no improvements.

[xidus@bork spumoni]$ rpm -q gtk+-devel gtk+ glib
gtk+-devel-1.2.6-6mdk
gtk+-1.2.6-6mdk
glib-1.2.6-1mdk

Has anyone seen this before, or have any idea where to start looking for
problems?

Thanks,
Jeremy Weatherford
xidus@xidus.net