Re: [gtk-list] Re: Using Electric Fence on a Gtk+/Gtk-- C++ application

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu <umbpux@tin.it> writes:
> Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu wrote:
> > [...snip...]
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x80a3995 in slotForInternalAddress ()
> This is a function defined in efence.so.
>
> The problems is still: can I rely on Electric Fence when debugging a
> Gtk/Gdk application?

As much as any other application. There could be an EFence bug though,
ask Bruce Perens about it he can tell you maybe.

> Using EF on a version of the application without GUI shows that there is
> no heap corruption problem in the computation engine of my application
> (pitch tracking). The rest of the code is quite trivial Gtkmm-related
> stuff.

No Gtk/gtk-- stuff is trivial; there is tons of code involved.
It could be a bug in the library or in your app.

Havoc