Re: [gtk-list] Re: CList updates

Matt Goodall <mgg@isotek.co.uk> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Thread support in GTK+ definitely works if you know a few
> > simple rules. There are some fairly significant apps using
> > it - gFTP and the Red Hat installer, to list a couple.
> >
> > The necessary rules should be covered in the section on
> > threading in the GTK+ FAQ.
>
> Thanks Owen,
>
> I went back to my test code after you said it definitely does work and
> started playing with it again. I've got this widget structure:
>
> 	GtkWindow
> 		GtkScrolledWindow
> 			GtkCList
>
> The problem appears to be that I was adding the clist to the scrolled
> window using gtk_container_add(). Once I changed this to use
> gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() it started working perfectly.

Well, not to make things difficult :-), but you _do_ need to use
gtk_container_add(). If you use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport(),
then you'll have the the following problems:

 - The column titles will scroll with the clist
 - Your CList will be limited to 32,768 pixels in height

I can't really see how this has any relation to threading, but
maybe there is some really funky interaction going on.

Regards,
                                        Owen