Re: [gtk-list] Re: ANNOUNCE: Experimental C++ Wrapper

Anders Melchiorsen <and@kampsax.dtu.dk> writes:

> Interesting. Does Sugar work when I am generating my GUI using Glade?
>
> I use plain (Glade generated) GTK+ in a C++ program and the constant
> casting is getting annoying.

Anytime you have a C widget you can just "cast" it to a Sugar widget:

 GtkWidget* c_entry;
 c_entry = glade_xml_get_widget(xml, "entry1");

 Entry entry(GTK_ENTRY(c_entry));

 entry.set_text("blah");

if you aren't using libglade I guess you can do the same thing with
lookup_widget().

I have the .defs file for a GladeXML object wrapper, generating
a wrapper like this:
 Glade::XML xml("xmlfile.glade");
 Widget w = xml.get_widget("entry1");

however I'm not sure it's very useful since you don't want a Widget,
you want the specific subclass.

Havoc